#96: Chet Lovegren joins Outbound Sales Lift to discuss account-based selling — building a strategy, working with your customer success team, and developing your outbound messaging. Chet and Tyler explore sales strategies like Challenger and Gap Selling, and how no matter their strategy SDRs still need to do the work to educate and entertain prospects through their outreach.
Lastly, they dive into how SDR managers can coach reps in areas like accountability and time management to improve their overall account-based selling techniques.
Messaging for your outbound sales strategy
- [0:57]: Tips for developing an account-based sales strategy by building on your inbound function and working with your customer success team
- [5:42]: The importance of good messaging in an outbound sales strategy, including a discussion of Challenger and Gap selling
Coaching sales reps
- [12:55]: How to coach reps to build relationships with prospects through teaching and messaging
- [18:12]: Framing better questions in outbound messaging
Developing an account-based sales process
- [23:12]: Developing the process behind account-based sales — time management, accountability, and SDR managers modeling behaviors
ABOUT CHET LOVEGREN
Chet believes in “being prescriptive” and following a proven and methodical process to heal any broken sales organization. In 2020 he created The Sales Doctor as a way to help provide education and insight to individuals and their companies looking for a remedy to their revenue problems. He is a keynote speaker, leadership coach, and sales trainer who also works as an advisor to several early stage growth companies, and VC Backed advising firms. Follow Chet on LinkedIn.